Thursday, June 25, 2020
New Orleans, Louisiana
$50 registration fee includes breakfast and handouts.
Registration is on Thursday morning 7:30am. Session begins at 8am and ends at 5pm.
Friday session begins at 8am and ends at 4pm.
This course covers all topics you will need to ensure that you are prepared to handle
your workers’ compensation claims, including:
The claims process and procedures, accidents/occupational diseases, arising out of and
course and scope, disability benefits, calculation of average weekly wage, medical benefits,
affirmative defenses, employee penalties and forfeiture, Second Injury Fund, and more.
Entertainment from country star Jake Owen
Breakout sessions, exhibitions, and networking events
The 2020 WCI Conference will be a Virtual Conference
Each year in August, 7,000 to 8,000 workers’ compensation professionals assemble in Orlando to attend the WCI Annual Workers’s Compensation Educational Conference. If you have never been, you have no idea what you are missing out on. There are over 35 tracks covering all interests and specialties. Included in the various tracks is the multi-state presentation for which we have been honored to participate in on behalf of Louisiana for the last 12 years.
Normally the Conference includes world-class entertainment, celebrity and industry keynote speakers, along with a live surgery broadcast over closed circuit TV. Due to COVID 19, an abbreviated version of the Conference will take place virtually. The multi-state session will be included in the virtual presentation, along with the live surgery. Registration is free, so if you have never experienced this Conference, now would be an excellent time to be exposed to a small portion of what WCI had to offer.
Below is the link to register for this phenomenal presentation. We highly recommend that you sign up for this. I promise that after seeing this, you will want to attend in person next year.
More details and registration information will be released soon, but we can tell you that it will include:
• Welcome by WCI Founders Jim McConnaughhay, General Chair and Steve Rissman, Program Chair, followed by a candid interview with Michele Adams, a WCI Advisory Board member and VP, Risk Operations & Casualty Claims at Walmart.
• A special edition of Out Front Ideas with Mark Walls, Kimberly George, and a panel of workers’ comp leaders discussing how to adapt during COVID-19.
• Important Florida Case Law Update.
• Multi-state panel discussions on common and trending issues affecting compensability of workers’ compensation in AL, CA, FL, GA , IL, KY, LA, MS, NC, OK, SC, TN and TX.
• Watch physicians from the Orlando Orthopaedic Group, sponsored in part by A-S Medication Solutions, perform and discuss a LIVE upper extremity surgery.
• A Medicare session, sponsored by Franco Signor, featuring a CMS expert to discuss everything you want to know about workers’ comp MSA’s.
• The National Workers’ Compensation Review will debate new policy issues in presumption for first responders and present a session on new AMA Guides for Permanent Impairment Ratings.
• The mandatory 5 Hour Law & Ethics course being offered for Florida claims handlers.
• A special daily lunch break session devoted to raise awareness and funds for Give Kids the World Village. Learn more about at-home volunteer projects and the virtual silent auction that will be open during WCIvirtual.
• Chat with industry friends, colleagues, and potential new business prospects.
Register Now https://www.wci360.com/virtual/
Friday, October 16th, 2020
This seminar is a one day course designed to assist insurance professionals on effective claims handling under the Louisiana Workers’ Compensation Act. We will also present a Multistate breakout session to assist adjusters that are responsible for multiple jurisdictions and address recent workers’ compensation case law in Louisiana.
Registration fee $50 (which includes handouts, continentental breakfast, and lunch).
Registration/Continental breakfast begins at 7:30am.
First session begins at 8:00am.